Saturday, August 25, 2012

In Which I Go Home




Yep.  I'm going home.

Well, to one of my homes -- the ranch in California.  For that ever elusive chunk of time, a bit.

Two more nights in Szeged, and then I get on that plane.

Why?

More travelling felt like running.  I am tired of travelling and touristing, tired of castles and cathedrals, gelato and old heaps of rocks.

Okay, I'm not really tired of gelato.  Is it possible to get tired of gelato?  I highly doubt it, but just to be on the safe side, I would be happy to do some research.

Another adventure is in the works, but I can't divulge anything just yet.

Until then, avocados from the ranch, dips in the ocean, and trips to woodsy Maine and Oregon.  Seeing my family, the little ones not so little anymore; from wriggling in a lap to walking.

But before I am Stateside, I am saying my final goodbyes to Szeged.

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go eat all of the chocolates I bought as gifts (sorry) and look through photographs of my old students while I cry.

Or pack.

Yeah, maybe I should do that.

Either way, wish me luck.  I'm gonna need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment